Sunday, January 17, 2010

A New Year and A New Book

2009 was an interesting year. Enough said. I am sooo looking forward to this New Year.

I am still active with the Red Cross. We were blessed with no natural disasters (hurricanes, tornados, etc.), but did have to open a shelter for residents of an apartment house that burned. I will not be going to Haiti to work shelters there because one must be certified by the International Red Cross for that, and I am only certified for national events.

The TBI group I am involved with sang Christmas Carols at the hospital where we meet last month and will meet this week. I look forward to taking a larger roll in the group this year.

As soon as some issues are finished from last year I will reopen the book store, Busters Books. I have discovered a new book that I am excited about and want to offer it to you all.
"A Better Man" is a series of interviews and essays by and of some of the most respected men in America. Its design is to aid boys and young men on their transition to become honorable, successful men. I was channel surfing the other day and stumbled on a program where the editor, Kelly H. Johnson, was leading a discussion with some of the men who are included in the book. I immediately went to the phone and ordered it from the publisher, Brandylane Publishers in Richmond, Virginia.
Having spent 30 years working with high school students, I am very aware of the need for better source of materials to help young men and ladies make the transition for kids to responsible, fulfilled adults. These men share the steps and experiences that lead them to become the heros and leaders they are. I strongly recommend this book and suggest it as a gift for any young man in your life, or even for yourself. I am glad I bought it, and I am learning from it.

I am including the web address of Brandylane Publishers here so you can buy the book directly from them. Its that good.

Cut and paste this address in your web browser .

http://www.brandylanepublishers.com

'Til next time, Bob

No comments: