Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Abuse

About three weeks ago I finished reading a very interesting book titled "Because I Love Him" 'How Girls Become Battered Women and Why They Stay'. It is the most comprehensive book I have read on the subject. Because of my background in counseling and working with adolescents for 25+ years, I was asked, by a friend of mine, to read it and tell the author, who I have never met yet, what I thought. I was taken by the honesty and detail in this book. The author, Jasper Jamison, knows the real world of the battered spouse and was blessed to come through it. Since then she has worked for over 20 years to help others who have or are experiencing it now. The book will come out in, I believe, 2 months. I will keep you posted as things progress.

By the way, "100% of the author's net profits wil go to victim recovery programs, adolescents rehabilitation, and animal rescue."

When I add it to our book store, http"//www.BustersBooks.com .(copy & paste or use link) those profits will also be disbursed in the same way I described in a prevoius post.

No comments: